8/28/17

The program for Kidlitcon 2017 is up!

For the past two months, I've been busily working on the program for this years KidLitCon in Hershey, PA Nov. 3 and 4, and at last it is done (barring unforeseen complications) and is ready to be seen!

Here it is.

It is a pretty swell program, a really gorgeous program in fact, with 29 fantastic authors and illustrators joining librarians, bloggers, and teachers in conversation about all manner of children's books!  There just might be a slight bias toward middle grade (coughs) but I tried hard to make the program varied.

KidLitCon is more than just a learning and thinking opportunity; it is also my favorite social event of the year.  I go to every KidLitCon looking forward to good times with my children's book friends, and every year I come home again having made new ones.  It is the only conference I go to where even though I'm an introvert I feel energized and happy on the way home.

Lots of conferences have authors, but at KidLitCon you will actually have the chance to make friends with them. Lots of conferences have people talking, but at KidLitCon we hope the audience will jump into the discussions too.  Lots of conferences have books to buy; we will too, and we will also have piles of ARCs because it is a good chance to move the piles of ARCs one has read out of the house and into someone else's! It is quite possible that publisher will send things too, as is generally the case.  This year, being at Hershey, we will also have chocolate.

Here's a testimonial from Jen Swann Downey, who came to KidLitCon for the first time last year in Wichita, and who'll be in Hershey with us again (yay!):

"I crawled out of my solitary writing shell to attend KidLitCon16, and was richly rewarded for the choice. The organizers and attendees of the event are passionate committed appreciators, evaluators, and disseminators of fiction for young people. Panels and talks addressed kid lit matters seminal, philosophical and practical. In the spaces between these official events, attendees forged friendships, had enthusiastic discussions about the role of stories in kid’s lives, and explored possibilities for collaborations on various projects. The net effect of the event was to renew my belief in the power of children’s literature to help kids navigate, and when necessary or desirable, reimagine life; and feel encouraged in my efforts as a writer."

And here's another from Kristi Bernard:"

"I was thrilled to attend the 2016 KidLitCon event. And to be a presenter only added to my excitement. I didn't know what to expect but I was welcomed by everyone. The event was informative and engaging. All attendees were enthusiastic and ready to chat about all things books. I had so much fun and made so many wonderful friends."

So do come to Hershey this fall!  Here's the registration link.  If you want a hotel room-mate, let me know and I will do my best to find you one.

And if you have any questions, please let me know!

2 comments:

  1. That program is GORGEOUS. Wow - so much going on, and so many new faces and names getting involved. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic description of Kidlitcon. Thank you for all your work on the program! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Counter

Button styles